Thursday, April 14, 2005

Old Crew Ride (Part I)

Old friends, old friends,
Sat on their parkbench like bookends
A newspaper blown through the grass
Falls on the round toes
of the high shoes of the old friends

-- Simon and Garfunkel




Took a spin with the "Old Crew" at Gambril today, some of whom I haven't seen in quite a bit. These are most of the people who got me into this mountain biking thing. For when I'm 80 and have completely lost my mind, in the picture are (L to R): MikeW, LeeD, ScudS, Me, JoeR, DT, JoeF, RickyD. Regretfully absent are Bob, who is no longer with us (err in the DC area I mean) and Gary, who chose to spend time with his kid instead (yeah make us all look bad why don't cha). Notably present: MikeW who drove in from PA. Nothin' fancy. Just a good ride with friends. The way it's supposed to be.

1 Comments:

Blogger gmr2048 said...

I'm still entirely bummed that I missed it. Hopefully v2.0 will come about and I'll be able to attend.

12:42 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home