Wednesday, February 16, 2005

We Jammin'

Cover your ears and run, I've picked up my guitar again. I've even managed to swindle a couple of friends of mine to let me jam with them. That's Rico and Badette of Agos fame, and they rock! We've been practicing to play next week at "Bagyo Aid". It's a benefit concert so no free tickets, eh? Lot's of other bands and performers, unplugged. Anyways, I haven't been this jazzed about playing somewhere in a looong time. With all the biking I've been doing, it's been a while since I even touched my guitar. The fingers and ears were definitely rusty and it will take me a while to get my chops back (not that I ever had them in the first place). But no worries, the practicing is paying off, Rico and Badette have lots (and lots) of patience, and I'm slowly getting there, I think.

Bagyo Aid: Acoustic Benefit Show for Hurricane Victims in the Philippines
George Mason High School
, 7124 Leesburg Pike, Falls Church, VA
$20 Donation to relief fund
February 26, 2005, show at 7pm
The Speaks, Agos, Odie Sotomayor, Angie Pepa, Rodney Garcia & more

4 Comments:

Blogger gmr2048 said...

Very cool, Joe! I saw The Speaks open for the Alarm last year in DC. As I remember, they were pretty entertaining. Good luck on your gig!

2:58 PM

 
Blogger gwadzilla said...

that is great on several levels...
great for you to get back with the guitar
and
great for you to put your time towards an important cause

10:13 PM

 
Blogger gwadzilla said...

another thing.....
have you used your rollers much this winter?

I think I have been able to get out enough outside that I did not feel the need for inside
no long rides
but
I seldom take long rides
only in the winter I have an excuse

10:33 PM

 
Blogger Your Name Here said...

Good luck tonight, Joe. I wish we could be there.

Knock 'em dead. ;)

Pete

4:36 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home