Saturday, April 22, 2006

Faster than I can blog

Life is going by faster than I can type. So just a short recap of the stuff that's happened since the last post:

1) My first helmet casualty of the season. Smacked my head on the ground so hard that the straps broke loose. Two days afterward, my neck still felt like a 29er had ran over it. Read about it here.

2) Put together two *clean* laps at Fountainhead. Quixotically speaking, everyone has their windmills. Mine is "the hill" at Fountainhead. It's no more than 4 or 5 bike lengths long, but it's steep. It's right after the picnic tables on the way back to the cars, and it comes right after some rocks that take away all your momentum. I can clear it only about 30% of the time-- and that's with an audience watching to jack up the humiliation factor. For the first time I cleared it twice. Must be the new bike.

3) Agos is back at it. We played a couple of songs at the Smithsonian for a forum on the Filipino-American labor movement. Getting ready to play again tonight for a fund raiser for flood victims in the RP. This time with a five piece band. Geez, how long has it been since I played with a full on band...

4) Went out for a long ride last Sunday. 75 miles on the W&OD and C&O trails. Did the loop in just under 5.5 hours. Just me myself and aye-- cramming to build a base for this season with my first race coming up tomorrow, that is if the rain ever stops.

5) Still getting ready to move into the new house...

2 Comments:

Blogger fatbob29r said...

New House, do tell!

4:33 PM

 
Blogger JoeP said...

Not yet. Don't wanna jinx it. Soon...

10:25 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home