Monday, April 24, 2006

Doh!!

I decided not to go to the Poor Farm race last weekend. Now I'm kicking myself. We got about 3 inches of rain over Saturday and normally that's enough to turn our local trails to slop. Apparently, Poor Farm holds up much better and the slogfest that I pictured in my head never happened. Instead, a bunch of my teamies/friends went out and had a great time, apparently kicking some ass in the process. Congrats guyz and grrls. Great job.

Next up is Greenbrier, which in the last two years has had a huge (and quite fast) singlespeed class. The only time I did this race was two years ago. My pre-race jitters were so bad I spent the last 10 minutes before the race in my car getting sick. I took off fast at the start and was in 4th place entering the singletrack. Then I got seriously dropped on the first climb and went from 4th to the back of the pack in about 10 seconds. The rest of the race was an anaerobic blur. I think I stopped a few times to pick my stomach off the ground and cram it back down my throat. I think I can do better this year.

2 Comments:

Blogger DT said...

I hear that. I had also planned on doing Poor Farm, but decided on a no go.

2:49 PM

 
Blogger Fort James said...

I will be at Greenbrier this year. I will look for you.

3:43 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home