Friday, December 08, 2006

hibernation

My racing season is officially over. I was going to do one more cross race this weekend, but I've been sick all week and it doesn't look like I'll be in any shape to race by Sunday. So now I'm looking forward to a bunch of riding just for the hell of it. I hit the MORE Thursday ride to see if that would shake off this cold. I rode with BrotherL's moderate group so as not to tax myself too much, and for a while it worked. I was feeling great. The next morning was a different story, and tonight is a bit worse. I'm hoping I can shake it off in time for some of the rides this weekend.
Saturday is Gina's turn with "Ride Like a Girl" at Gambrill. She's been riding a lot lately, and not just Wakefield either. She's developed a taste for things rocky and remote. Last week she hit Gambrill with Mrs. Outlaw, Scooter, and CathieM. A couple of weeks before that she was at my stomping ground, Elizabeth Furnace. All on her trusty little rigid green singlespeed. Yup, that's a keeper.

Sunday is my turn to ride. I was thinking of heading out to Catherine Furnace to join Scud's ride, but I think I'll stay local and try to slay the evil Salamander of the Fredrock Watershed with Rickyd and the gang. Hopefully I don't make myself sicker in the process.

On another note, I ran over a dog this evening driving home from work. I didn't even know I hit him until the guy in front of me stops his car and walks over to me, "Hey, did you know you're dragging a small dog under your car?" Oops. I look under the car and, yep, there he is looking back at me. I back the car up, the dog gets dislodged from whatever was pinning him there, and runs away. Probably pretty beat up, but still lucky to have survived. I hope he made it home.

1 Comments:

Blogger gwadzilla said...

man...

that sucks about the dog

my dog is part of my family

my other dog died last summer
we are still sad

9:31 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home