Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Daddy, when is it my turn?

This year, Sagada got the coolest Christmas gift ever. It's like chess, but WITH LASERS!! Each player has a laser that they fire after every turn and the pieces are mirrors that get moved around on a board. The object is to position your pieces so that the laser beam gets deflected into the opponent's "Pharaoh".

Here's a pic showing the silver Pharaoh getting hit (look for the red dot). The laser starts from the green spot where my finger is (see, Sagada lets me play too) and goes through 8 reflections. I'll let you have the fun of tracing out the laser path!



My God, why didn't they have this when I was 6?!?!

3 Comments:

Blogger gmr2048 said...

the makers of khet owe you a royalty, joe! after reading about the game on your blog, i went out and bought a copy. it's fantastic! thanks for pointing it out. now i gotta go buy the beam-splitter add-on pack!

3:18 PM

 
Blogger JoeP said...

Nerd. (I already have the beam-splitter pack, nyah!)

3:39 PM

 
Blogger Tuco said...

that reminds me of Dr. Evil in the austin powers movies saying "can I just have sharks with frickin lasers on their heads!"

Holy jumpin... chess with lasers!

1:11 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home